Although it’s 2018, the natural hair movement is still going strong! More women and men are embracing their natural curls and coils. While some natural hair journeys get off to an incredible start, other journeys face one tough obstacle: growth. Lack of growth among people with textured hair is a common complaint. Here are five tips to help you grow your natural hair.
- TRIM. We know. We know. If you’re trying to grow your hair, why would you cut it? Well, frequent trims get rid of spilt ends that break your hair. Therefore, for maximum length retention, do the rest of your hair a favor, and get a trim as needed.
- MOISTURIZE. The curly texture of natural hair often prevents the scalp’s natural oils from reaching the ends. Without proper moisture, the hair will break. On wash day, while your hair is damp, try our TVHF Leave-In Conditioner followed by TVHF Argan Oil Serum for a deep moisturizing treatment.
- PROTECT. Over-manipulation of your hair can cause unnecessary stress and breakage. Wearing protective styles such a braids, a twisted bun, or long tresses will force you to keep your hands out of your hair. The less breakage, the more length.
- REGIMEN. Develop a routine and stick to it. It is important to find a regimen that works for you, especially if your hair is growing. Now, as the seasons change, and your hair decides that it has a mind of its own, you may find yourself needing to alter your routine. However, make sure that you do not become a product junky in the process.
- BE PATIENT. Because of genetics, everyone’s hair does not grow at the same rate. The natural hair journey is one of consistency and uniqueness. So, take the advice above, and wait for the magic to happen.
The Virgin Hair Fantasy believes in beautiful, healthy natural hair. Allow us to be a part of your natural hair journey with our amazing haircare line for natural hair.
Thanks for reading fairies!